Bobby Orf Scholarship
The Bobby Orf #17 Scholarship is open to students who have received services from Friends of Kids with Cancer; and supports the student’s post secondary education.
The purpose of the Bobby Orf #17 Scholarship is to recognize the achievements of individuals who have experienced cancer or another significant blood disease by providing financial assistance toward the student’s continuing education. Individuals who are recipients of the award will have demonstrated success in the classroom and most importantly, exhibit the characteristics of strength, courage and determination. These three characteristics defined the life of Bobby Orf. (1984 – 2003) Preference will be given to applicants from the St. Louis region (Missouri and Illinois).
The scholarship is a one-time grant for the 2016 -2017 academic year. One $5,000 award will be made to a senior graduating from High School or a patient whose entrance to college was delayed due to treatment or relapse after their graduation.
The Bobby Orf #17 Scholarship Fund is a component Fund of Friends of Kids with Cancer and is administered by them. Applications will be evaluated by the Bobby Orf #17 Friends Scholarship Advisory Board. Final decisions about scholarship selection and award amount are the responsibility of the Friends of Kids with Cancer Scholarship Committee.
The following application materials must be provided to Friends of Kids with Cancer postmarked by April 10:
1. Completed and signed application.
2. Brief Essay about a difficult situation you have faced in your life and how you met the challenge. (This essay does not need to be centered around your experience with cancer; but it must exhibit characteristics of STRENGTH, COURAGE and DETERMINATION.)
3. Two letters of Recommendation, outlining your contribution to your family, school, community, and/or work.
4. Cumulative High School Transcript of academic work through the seventh semester.
5. Copy of letter of acceptance from college if received.
All application materials should be sent to: THE BOBBY ORF #17 FRIENDS SCHOLARSHIP
FRIENDS OF KIDS WITH CANCER
530 MARYVILLE CENTRE DRIVE, SUITE LL5
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63141
Download the form HERE
-----The Bobby Orf #17 Scholarship Fund is a component fund of Friends of Kids with Cancer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability. Final decisions on eligibility, selection, and award amount will be determined by Friends of Kids with Cancer.