Statement of Privacy
Friends of Kids with Cancer is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Friends of Kids with Cancer website and governs data collection and usage. By using the Friends of Kids with Cancer website, you consent to the data practices outlined in the below statement:
- COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION - Friends of Kids with Cancer may collect and store information provided by users through online forms and sign up forms, including personally identifiable information such as your e-mail address, name, home or work addresses or telephone numbers. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Friends of Kids with Cancer. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Friends of Kids with Cancer for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Friends of Kids with Cancer website.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION - Friends of Kids with Cancer collects and uses your personal information as provided by you using our website. Friends of Kids with Cancer does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Friends of Kids with Cancer does not use or disclose sensitive personal information. Friends of Kids with Cancer keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within our website for internal analysis and statistics in order to keep your user experience postive. Friends of Kids with Cancer will disclose information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Gilda's Club Worldwide or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Gilda's Club Worldwide; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Gilda's Club Worldwide, or the public.
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION - Friends of Kids with Cancer secures information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted on the website, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and is not stored in any databases of Friends of Kids with Cancer. SSL protects the data from the users’ browser to our server. Payment processing is only transacted through secured channels. The submission data that we save in our database is encrypted. Credit card numbers are not saved to our database, as they are only used during transaction processing.
- CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT - Friends of Kids with Cancer will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Friends of Kids with Cancer encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Friends of Kids with Cancer is protecting your information.
- CONTACT INFORMATION - Friends of Kids with Cancer welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Friends of Kids with Cancer has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Friends of Kids with Cancer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.