Friends of Kids with Cancer, a local charity, seeks an Executive Director who will continue to carry out the vision of the organization and lead it to the next level in its mission to be an advocate for these special kids and their families.
Founded in 1992, Friends is driven to meet the ever-evolving needs of not only cancer patients but also their entire families. Friends provides something that medicine can’t.
Its educational, emotional and recreational programs build self-esteem and improve the quality of life to assure that patients and their families remain positive, focused and prepared to meet their future needs.
The Executive Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advocate for the kids, the charity and the families served
- Planned Giving
- Grant Oversight
- Support in-house fundraising to include specific donor underwriting and donor continuum of legacy events
- Donor cultivation; maintaining community relations and partnerships
- Interface with the health systems where service is provided, and maintain compliance
- Executive oversight of all staff; to include oversight of Budget & Financial Management
- Oversight of third party events
- Oversee Strategic Plan and implementation
- Support Board and all standing committees
- Legal Compliance
- Government Regulation Compliance
- IRS Compliance in maintaining 501(c) status
- Maintain Better Business Bureau Accredited Charity Seal of Excellence
- Oversight of background checks
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit administration, business or related field with a minimum 5 years professional experience in nonprofit Management
- Exceptional skills in writing, public speaking, communications and community relations
- Familiarity with the use of social media
- Proven track record of effective management; program orientation and securing funds
- Computer proficiency
- Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Database management experience (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Pass background check (both Federal & State)
Preferred: Master’s degree in nonprofit administration with a minimum of 5 years nonprofit experience
Application materials submitted by October 15, 2017, will be given priority. Interested individuals should submit three documents for consideration:
- Contact information for three references
- Cover letter (1 page) that summarizes qualifications and interest
- Provide salary requirements
Please fill out the below form, or email materials to email@example.com. In order to ensure delivery, the file size of the email must not exceed 5MB.