Volunteers are the wheels that make us GO
At Friends of Kids with Cancer, volunteers are one of the core driving elements to our success. We invite you to share your time with us and help keep our efforts strong. Below outlines several volunteer opportunities. Click here to sign up online to volunteer.
- Shopping: Shop for toys and/or snacks for treatment centers.**
- Errands - Deliver toys and/or snacks to treatment centers.
- Office help: Computer work, database entry, mailings, writing/typing letters/notes. (some could be done at home)
- "Friends" sponsored fundraisers: Chair, committee member, volunteer day of an event.
- Treatment center activities: Sponsor "contest" or "activity" for the clinic: Guessing game (at Easter we did jelly beans). Coordinate an activity and provide materials for children to work while getting treatment. **
- Sponsor a toy drive to fill toy closets for treatment centers: (any age for boys and girls).
Always in need of toys (must be new); Videos (movies), video games, family games, dolls, Need of things for teens.....Small gift certificates for movies, restaurants, malls, etc. $5 to Galleria, Target, Wal-Mart, Steak n Shake, etc.**
- Family Parties/Events: - Magic House Event, Halloween Party, Winter Wonderland Chairman, Invitations, Set-up and or clean-up, volunteer day of the event (serve food, etc) Organize a craft booth, game or entertainment; decorations; solicit underwriters and/or donations.
- Munchie Monday: Lunch taken to treatment centers***. You would be assigned one or two days a year.
- Snacks/Treats/Meals: Shop for and deliver snacks/treats to treatment centers and or meals for
transplant units at Cardinal Glennon and Children's Hospitals.**
- Treatment Center Parties: Plan small informal party for one of the holidays at the treatment centers (Valentines Day, etc.)**
- Small family parties/events: Plan a small outing for a few families or a group of patients. For example, dinner and movie, bowling, sporting events, concerts, circus or other events in St. Louis.**
- Adopt patient or family: Send special things in mail, cards, take a dinner to, etc.**
**EXPENSES WILL BE REIMBURSED.