Volunteers are the wheels that make us GO!
At Friends of Kids with Cancer, volunteers are one of the core driving elements to our success. We invite you to share your time with us to help keep our efforts strong. Below are our available volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in any or all of them, submit a volunteer application.
- Errands & Shopping: We are always in need of volunteers who can pick up our shopping list items, make various deliveries to the treatment centers, or fulfill other errands that pop up in between.
- Office Help: Organizing the toy closet, help with our mailing items, computer work, filing, etc.
- Event Volunteers: Volunteers are a vital piece to our events running efficiently and successfully! There are event volunteer opportunities at family parties like a night at the Magic House or the Winter Wonderland Party, fundraisers such as Trivia Night, Golf Tournament, Fashion Show, etc., or treatment center-sponsored events.
- Munchie Program Lunch Deliveries: Get on our Munchie volunteer schedule to pick-up and deliver lunch to a treatment center. These weekly meals take just one little thing off the heavy plates of the families we serve but it means a great deal. This is a special program that allows volunteers to either donate the meals they deliver or to be reimbursed after. These volunteers must be available to deliver a week-day lunch around 11:30 a.m. on the day they are scheduled.
- Friends Event Committee: The strong leaders and members of our committees make our events successful. If you are interested in being on the planning side of any of our events, please let us know on your volunteer form and we would love to connect you to the right contacts for more information.
Our major fundraising events include:
- Trivia Night
- Walk with a Friend/5K Run
- Golf Tournament
- Art from the Heart
- Fashion Show
- Voodoo in the Lou (Young Friends)
- Mouse Races (Young Friends)